Make your race more meaningful by supporting the area of cancer research at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) that means the most to you.
Participate in any event, train and fundraise for MSK. The money you raise will allow MSK doctors and researchers to advance cancer research and care—and bring renewed hope to those affected by cancer worldwide.
How It Works
- Sign up for a race—marathon, triathlon, Ironman, 5K or anything else—anywhere in the world and anytime of the year.
Here are a few races that our participants registered for in 2014:
Bank of America Chicago Marathon, PF Chang's Rock n' Roll Arizona Marathon, Marine Corps Marathon, Virgin London Marathon, Gore-Tex Philadelphia Half-Marathon, Disney Princess Half Marathon, Brooklyn Half and Ted Corbitt 15K (New York Road Runners events), Barclays MoonTrekker in Hong Kong, The Color Run, Tough Mudder, Panasonic NYC Triathlon, IRONMAN Lake Placid, and much more!
- Register for Choose Your Own Event. You can sign up as an individual or even start your own team and fundraise with your family, friends or colleagues!
- Train and raise money for cancer research at MSK.
- Comprehensive Training Support: Our U.S. Track & Field and Triathlon-certified coaches are here for you—and just an email away—as you train. A training chart and tips will be provided.
- Uniform: You'll receive two Fred’s Team orange shirts, featuring our "Imagine a World Without Cancer" slogan.
- Online Fundraising Page: With a click of a button, donors can make a gift to support your race. Customize your page with a photo and share some reasons why you're participating with Fred’s Team.
- Prizes: Raise $1,000 or more and you'll receive more Fred’s Team gear!
- Dedicated Staff Support: We're here to answer your questions, brainstorm and provide tips to help you achieve your fundraising goals.
A $50 Fred’s Team kickoff fee is required and counts toward your fundraising requirement of $500.
Please note: You are responsible for registering for your event and paying the registration fee. Choose Your Own Event is not open for the TCS NYC Marathon, NYC Half or the Boston Marathon. You can find information on these races here