JOIN THE BATTLE. Beat Rare Cancers.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer is proud to partner with the Garden State Fondo, the premier cycling event in New Jersey. We are delighted to invite our colleagues, family, and friends to ride with us on Sunday, September 8, 2019 as part of Team MSK.
By joining Team MSK, not only will have you the chance to take part in this one-of-a-kind event, you will also have the opportunity to raise lifesaving funds for cancer research at MSK!
Garden State Fondo
Sunday, September 8, 2019
7:00 am Mass Start
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Getting started is easy! All you need to do is follow these three easy steps:
1) Sign up for Team MSK by Bennett (Charlie) Stein at steinB@mskcc.org. The first 20 participants who sign up for TEAM MSK for the first time (i.e. did not ride previously on the team) will receive a complimentary registration. All others will receive special, discounted rates.
2) Create a fundraising page by visiting http://mskcc.convio.net/goto/GardenStateFondoMSK and clicking “Join This Event”.
3) FUNDRAISE! We ask that each participant raises a minimum of $250. Every dollar raised will go directly to support critical cancer research at MSK.
Garden State Fondo RIDES
The Garden State Fondo offers a choice of route lengths and timed hill segments that wind their way through some of New Jersey’s best cycling roads. Starting and ending in historic Morristown, NJ this combination of bike touring and timed climbs attracts a wide range of cyclists from the casual weekend rider to the well-trained endurance athlete.
Garden State Fondo offers six routes of varying distances, from the extremely challenging Estremo Fondo down to the relatively relaxed Breve Fondo.
• Estremo 125 miles – A new challenge this year!
• Gran Fondo 107 miles – The Original endurance challenge. What makes it different than the Estremo is that while it is a challenging route it is still accessible to riders at many levels.
• Migrane Fondo 75 miles - Ideally suited to those who want a big challenge but are not quite ready for a full-blown 107 or 125 mile ride
• Medio Fondo 62 miles - The Medio Fondo route was selected by the editors of Bicycling Magazine as one of "The 50 Best Rides in America."
• Piccolo Fondo 42 miles – Offers the everything which cyclists love about the Gran Fondo experience including the Mass Start, a timed hill climb and lavish rest stop, but on a smaller scale.
• Breve Fondo 18 miles - Specifically tailored to those who want the Gran Fondo experience but are not quite ready for the longer distances and bigger climbs of the other routes
ABOUT GRAN FONDO
A Gran Fondo is to cyclists what a Marathon is to runners. For years “weekend warrior” cyclists have been looking for a competitive, challenging event. The “Gran Fondo” which originated in Italy addresses this void. In recent years, Gran Fondos have become the most popular mass-participation cycling events for cycling enthusiasts in North America.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.