We are now a Family with the BEAM Team
This year is different. Everything has changed. From the minute I signed up for Cycle for Survival 3 years ago, my life would never be the same. It showed me what making my fight public can do. Now this event that was once all about me and my fight becomes the fight for many in my life.
This year, the BEAM Team will be riding for:
- Lizzy Stein - Is the newest member of Team BEAM who started her fight in December just days after turning 21 years old. The most beautiful thing here is that even in such dark times, I have never seen anyone so positive in my life. I was fortunate enough to be welcomed in the infusion room on day 1 and I can tell you, Lizzy spent the 6 hours of chemo smiling and showing me that she will never let this disease win.
- Rachel Benowich - the most incredibly positive person I know. She is currently battling Brain Cancer and there is not a day that goes by where she doesn't have a smile on her face. She is so incredibly strong and inspires me everyday to be better.
- Chelsea Carpenter - the reason why I believe things happen for a reason. I met her the week before I went into Chemo and she was such an incredible support system for my entire fight. Last year she was diagnosed with Angiosarcoma and the roles were reveresed. We will have a special bond for the rest of our VERY LONG LIFE
- Anthony Gervaise - the reason why you never know where you might meet a life long friend. I was getting a PET scan one day and heard a scared family in the room next to me. They were not diagnosed, they knew nothing and it appeared they had no idea what the future entailed so I stepped in and introduced myself. This is where I met Anthony - who was later diagnosed with the same disease as me and began the exact same treatment as me the weeks following. I watched Anthony have the exact same attitude as I did and got through Chemo with flying colors. He showed me how much attitude affect your fight.
- Zack Jenis - the definition of tough. Zack was living a normal healthy life when he found out he had a very rare form of cancer. As scary as that may be, Zack looked cancer in the eyes and made sure it would not let it win. He has been battling for the past year and everytime I get updates, I hear he is staying postive and progressing towards one day being cancer free
- Nathan Sachs - who recently lost his battle to cancer. He was told he did not have much time yet he looked cancer in the face and fought for nearly a year. He showed me what strength truly was and I will forever use him as my inspiration.
Your gift can give people with rare cancers a better future through new and improved treatments. Since 2007, Cycle for Survival supporters have provided resources to hundreds of doctors and scientists to pursue bold ideas that have led to the FDA approval of new drugs, lifesaving clinical trials, and four state-of-the-art DNA sequencers that are aiding in key cancer discoveries.
50% of People with Cancer Have a Rare Cancer
Did you know that, when combined, about half of all patients fighting cancer are fighting a rare cancer? These are cancers you’ve likely heard of — such as leukemia, lymphoma, thyroid, ovarian, brain, pancreatic, and all pediatric cancers.
100% of Your Donation Supports Research
Every dollar you give funds innovative studies and clinical trials led by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK). Discoveries made by MSK revolutionize how cancer is diagnosed and treated, helping patients everywhere.
6 Months for Fast Impact
Rare cancer research is underfunded, and too often people don’t have proven treatments. Time matters. Your gift will be in the hands of researchers six months after fundraising ends and, as a donor, you will learn about the projects supported.